My Game Won't Load!
If your game won't load, this could be for a few different reasons. Here are some of those causes and what you can do to try and get the game to load again:
1) Delete the app and re-install it. This just clears things out and makes sure you have the latest data. Deleting the app and re-installing from the App Store will not delete your progress, which is tied to your device's unique ID #.
2) Make sure you have a solid Wi-Fi or data connection to the internet with full signal. Grass Roots depends on the internet to send and receive data from our servers. If your internet is even a little weak, it can cause loading issues to occur.
3) Ensure you have at least 1GB of available space on your device for the best performance possible. You may want to clear any unused applications or other data from your phone to free up as much space as possible.
An Error Message Pops up When I...
This is a little trickier and will probably require contacting our support team to troubleshoot, but there are a few things you can try on your own! Answering these questions should also help our team determine what's going on, so be sure to include these details if you do submit a ticket!
1) What are you doing when you see the error message?
- Connecting to Facebook - See this article.
- Loading the game - See the first section above ^
2) What does the error message say?
- Please take a screenshot and include it in your message to us!
Be sure you also include your Device ID# or Budbook ID/username so we can locate your account! You can find details on locating that information in this article.
3) What device model are you using, and what version of iOS are you running?
- This information is often vital to troubleshooting the error
Remember: We want to get you back to the game as much as you do, and providing us with all the right info is crucial for a speedy resolution!
My Game Suddenly Crashes for No Reason and Without Warning
Some general tips to try in order to help reduce crashing or errors include the following:
- General advice that helps with your device in general: Reboot (fully turn off and back on) your device every few days! It's a mini computer and this just refreshes and clears out little pieces of data that may have gone awry.
- Close out of other apps before opening play Grass Roots. The more apps you have running the more you're demanding of your device and it has limited resources. Also, if your device has "Low Power" mode turned on, this can cause issues with game performance. Try turning it off then rebooting your device.
- Verify that you have a strong, stable (not just fast) connection to Wi-Fi or data (4G/LTE). Grass Roots is a game that requires an internet connection to play, so if your connection is less than stable, there is a very good chance that this could be causing the issue(s) you're experiencing. To improve stability, try using Wi-Fi rather than wireless data, and restart your router or modem if things seem spotty.
- Again, while it may sound like generic advice, fully uninstalling and re-installing the game can help a lot! Fully uninstalling the game will clear out the game's data/cache on your device and help you start a fully new session, and could help things run more smoothly! With your game data stored on our servers and your device, uninstalling/re-installing won't cause you to lose any progress in your game.
- If you are crashing continually in the exact same spot or while performing a particular task, please feel free to let us know specifically, as this might indicate that there is a data issue that we can look into. Be sure to include any relevant details and screenshots when you write to us!
Is your issue or question not addressed here? Feel free to reach out for additional support!
Submit a ticket.